Why I Go to Every Service of the Church
03/31/13 - Worship
- I Go To Every Service of The Church Because I Am Made Stronger. Power is given in worship to live a nobler, holy life (Acts 20:32). There is the sweetest fellowship on earth. Why should I want to miss ANY service?
- I Go To Every Service of The Church Because God Wants The Church To Grow (cf. Acts 2:47; 4:4).The church always grows when members put God first by loyal attendance. Here is a way all can help in the finest work on earth.
- I Go To Every Service of The Church To Set A Good Example. Many look my way and follow in my steps (Matthew 5:14-16). Influence is either good or bad. Any hour the church meets, my influence is with or against Christ.
- I Go To Every Service of The Church To Prove My Love and Gratitude. One who truly loves God does not ask if he must attend all services. His love compels him to! If I show love to God by attendance, I show lack of love by absence (Matthew 22:37-39).
- I Go To Every Service of The Church To Obey God. The Bible says, "Not forsaking our own assembling together" (Hebrews 10:25). Any service where the Bible is taught, prayer is made, and God is worshiped, is good, and "to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin" (James 4:17). If it is good to be present for all services, it is bad to be absent from any if I can possibly help it.
- I Go To Every Service of The Church To Put First Things First. "Seek FIRST His kingdom" (Matthew 6:33). Jesus said the church must be first to the Christian, even before seeking food, clothing or shelter.
- I Go To Every Service of The Church Because It Is Safe To Do So. All who forsake an assembly without a legitimate reason for doing so must wonder if they sin. But I know I am safe in attending every service (Romans 14:21-23).
- I Go To Every Service of The Church To Abound In The Lord's Work (1 Corinthians 15:58). One who is a true Christian will want to do ALL they can and not as LITTLE as they can. Since the assemblies of the church are vital, I must abound in attendance.